Saturday, December 4, 2010

Have to start somewhere

I am writing due to the encouragement of a friend who thought my musing of motherhood & life adventures would make a great blog. I am not sure how it will go … will I get bored … will people find this a load of rubbish but the only way to find out is to start typing.

So, who am I? Instead of writing a nice ‘flowery’ description I am going to use the KISS principle.
• 36 year old woman on maternity leave
• 9 month old baby boy who is a dribbler
• Husband who is hard worker
• House owned in partnership with a bank
• 2 dogs (Freddy & Julia)

Yesterday –
We are in the crazy rush to finalise gifts & post to family who live overseas (England). My husband thought it would be nice to send a photo of our son in the cards. In a made dash we went off to Officeworks to produce a photo. We had a 1 hour window before boy needed his lunch & nap. I did not realise husband also wanted to visit an ATM on the way (1st machine out of order) & then had to find another one belonging to the right ‘bank’. This took 20 minutes of the limited window of opportunity we had. He then wondered why I was getting ‘snappy’ as he dawdled in getting the pram out of the car. If boy does not get his lunch & nap on time it throws out the rest of the afternoon. It is not fun keeping a grizzly & clingy baby happy for 5 hours. Plus, I did not want boy to be grizzling this afternoon. It was the Mother’s Group (with fathers) Christmas BBQ gathering.

Most of the Mother’s Group gatherings I have been to boy will grizzle. He will grizzle when another baby touches him, if her burps or regurgitates or just to be held. All of the babies have had a grizzle every now & then but boy just seems to do it on a regular basis. I wanted today to be different because at long last … he seems to be happy now he has found the coordination & strength to crawl. I wanted to be proud that yes ... my son does not cry all the time. I did not want my son to be the wimp or "mummy's boy" of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment