Monday, December 20, 2010

Tackling Christmas Shopping

As usual I have left Christmas shopping to the last minute. Once I used to shop in town. I loved visiting the small boutique shops for presents. Hubby & I would spend the morning in town shopping. To celebrate the festive season we would finish with lunch at Grossi Florentino Cellar Bar toasting the joy of completing the shopping with a glass of bubbles.

How life has now changed with Boy. Shopping in town is now difficult. The small shops are not suitable for the baby moving mobile. Trying to find places with ramps or lifts instead of stairs can be a challenge. Sadly my favourite book shop is not accessible with the baby mover.

Instead of town I tackled the shopping with military precision at a big Westfield Centre. I hit the centre at 9am so that Boy could have his morning nap in the pram while I raced around shops ticketing off my shopping list. I am lucky Boy is able to nap. We finished off with coffee at a nice café where I was able to feed Boy his lunch. Then it was time to head home so Boy could have a play & then have his lunch-time nap in his bed. Yeah, it is all over for another year. I am determined it will not be last minute shopping next year & I will also utilise the power of the internet to tackle some of the buying as well.

Does anyone have any tips to cope with Christmas shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment